Garden Place in the 1950s

Object type
Photograph
Production date
1950s
See full details

Object Detail


Description
Garden Place on the 3rd of December 1956. Worley Street, as it was at the time, is just visible on the left. Caro Street is on the right and Alexandra Street intersects in the centre. There is a car sales business, most likely Modern Car Sales Ltd, within the nearer car park, and in the same car park is the town's 'piecart'. The building under construction (left) was known during the 1950s and 1960s as British Traders Building. The Carnegie Library and Chief Post Office are in the background on Victoria Street. Hamilton Buses is in the foreground.
Maker and role
A.E. Graham, Photographer
Secondary production person and role
A.E. Graham
Accession number
HCL_04521

Colours

Object type

Subject category

Part of 1 highlight set

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.