Hamilton Town Hall

Object type
Photograph
Production date
1914
See full details

Object Detail


Description
This image was taken in April of 1914. The Town Hall was opened by Premier Richard John Seddon on the 23rd of March 1905. The building is of timber construction. The front office wing on the right (southern side of the building) was extended in 1914 to more than double its original size. These extensions are complete in this image. The council vacated the building in the 1930s and the main part became the Civic Theatre while the southern wing was used as the clubrooms and offices for the municipal swimming pools. The Civic Theatre was demolished in 1967.
Maker and role
S Sims, Photographer
Secondary production person and role
S Sims
Accession number
HCL_02836

Colours

Object type

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.