Victoria Street being lowered

Object type
Photograph
Production date
01 Apr 1915
See full details

Object Detail


Description
Looking south along Victoria Street from about Hood Street. Businesses and buildings along the right-hand side include Mrs Annie McGarrigle's Ladies' Warehouse; a New Zealand Loan & Mercantile Agency; and on the corner of Knox Street, Frederick George Keep's boot importing business. Beyond Knox Street is the St Peter's hall and church. On the river side of the street is the Riverview boarding house and the Hamilton Town Hall.
Accession number
HCL_02773

Colours

Object type

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.