Frankton Post Office 1910

Object type
Photograph
Production date
Circa 1911
See full details

Object Detail


Description
A postcard of the Frankton Junction Post Office built in 1910. It is on the corner of Main (now Commerce Street) and Kent Streets. Postal services started at the Frankton Junction railway station in 1886 and in 1906 it was a major sorting centre until Hamilton Post Office took over. THe Post Office's name was changed from Frankton Junction Post Office to "Frankton Post Office" in 1965. We can see an electric street light at the corner of the fence.
Accession number
HCL_02273

Colours

Object type

Subject category

Part of 1 highlight set

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.