St Mary's Catholic church

Object type
Photograph
See full details

Object Detail


Description
St Mary's Catholic church was the second Catholic church built in Hamilton East. Constructed from kauri sourced from the Auckland Kauri Mills, the church measured 25 feet by 50 feet. It was opened on the 10th of June 1877. It was located in what is now the grounds of Sacred Heart Girls' College. The first Catholic church in Hamilton East was located at Moule's Redoubt. It was relocated to the same site as St Mary's sometime before 1874.
Accession number
HCL_02254

Colours

Object type

Part of 1 highlight set

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.