Hamilton Free Public Library

Object type
Photograph
Production date
17 Feb 1908
See full details

Object Detail


Description
Opening of the 'Carnegie Library' by the Premier, Sir Joseph Ward. On the left is the original municipal chambers by now an insurance agent's office. On the right is the Hamilton Courthouse. The New Zealand flag flies at roof level on the left of the library. The photographer is on the slope of Garden Place hill. Commonly known as the public library, the building was inscribed
in plaster on the frieze below the pediment with the title "Free Public Library" signifying the condition of the Carnegie grant.
Accession number
HCL_00122

Colours

Object type

Part of 1 highlight set

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.