Whitford-Erson Motors Ltd.

Object type
Photograph
Production date
1939
See full details

Object Detail


Description
This photograph shows the two buildings that made up Whitford-Erson Motors' Hood Street location. The building on the left was built first, around 1925. It is 67 feet by 120 feet. The building on the right was built around 1928 and is a similar size. Motor mechanic Richard Whitford and engineer Cyril Hardy Close Erson established Whitford-Erson Motors around 1920. The company was the local agent for Oldsmobile, Pontiac and Buick cars. This location was one of three Whitford-Erson motor sales and service locations in Hamilton.
Accession number
HCL_01217

Colours

Object type

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.