The first Frankton Library in Hall Street, Frankton. It was built in 1923 on land donated by the Jolly Family just after the Boroughs of Frankton and Hamilton had merged in 1917. A loan had been granted by the Carnegie Corporation, an organisation that supported free libraries across English speaking countries. It opened on 22nd December 1923. The design was similar to the Carnegie Library in Hamilton - a central oval topped door and three tall windows on either side. There are four cars parked outside the library. This building was demolished shortly after moving into a temporary building in 1983 to make way for the Frankton Over-bridge.
Hamilton City Council