Victoria Street at Garden Place

Object type
Photograph
Production date
Circa 1937
See full details

Object Detail


Description
Looking about south east this photo shows the development of Victoria Street from Edwardian times to the 1930s. From the left are the Union Bank of Australia; the Commercial Bank of Australia; the Bank of Australasia; the ivy covered Kia Ora Tea rooms and stock agent on ground floor. The remaining signage is illegible. The building on the right is on the corner of Garden Place Road (as it appeared on maps/plans) and houses Hosiery House and insurance companies Norwich Union & United Insurance. The Ford sign indicates the Ford dealer's entry at the end of that road - Armstrong Motors Ford Sales & Service which had its showroom on Collingwood Street.
Accession number
HCL_01018

Colours

Object type

Part of 1 highlight set

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.