Church of Our Lady of the Rosary

Object type
Photograph
Production date
Circa 1971
See full details

Object Detail


Description
The Roman Catholic Church of the Holy Rosary on Grey Street directly opposite Bridge Street. (Now Anzac Parade). Also known as "St Mary's of the Rosary" it was built in 1911 and opened 1912. It was demolished in 1974 and replaced in 1975 by an updated building which became the "Cathedral of the Blessed Virgin Mary" in 1980. Parklands Motel and Hotel is on the right hand side of Bridge Street.
Subject person
Rights holder
Accession number
HCL_M00295.10

Colours

Object type

Subject category

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.