The Hamilton Public Library in the William Paul Hall

Object type
Photograph
Production date
1977
See full details

Object Detail


Description
The central building with the curved roof is the William Paul Hall. It was built in 1956, opened in 1957, and named after bookseller, publisher and secretary of the Waikato Winter Show Association, William Paul. At this time it housed the Hamilton Public Library. The built-on section along the back of the hall was used by the library as a stack room. It was named "Bledisloe Stack" after the Bledisloe Hall which once stood behind the William Paul Hall. Across Alexandra Street (now Worley Street) is the Arcadia Building. An old gas street lamp stands just to the left of the library. The NZI building on the south west corner of Garden Place can be seen above the library.
Accession number
HCL_M00192.20

Colours

Object type

Part of 1 highlight set

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.