The PS Rawhiti II at Hamilton

Object type
Photograph
See full details

Object Detail


Description
The paddle steamer Rawhiti looks to be arriving in Hamilton at Ferry Bank. This was the second of three river boats owned by Caesar Roose, all of which were named Rawhiti. The 210 feet long Rawhiti II was launched in Hamilton on the 1st of November 1925. Its maiden voyage was from Hamilton to Mercer. The steamer carried passengers, cars and freight. The Rawhiti II was scrapped in 1948.
Maker and role
J Louden, Photographer
Secondary production person and role
J Louden
Subject person
Accession number
HCL_00009

Colours

Object type

Subject category

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.