The official party of the opening ceremony on the 17th of February 1908. The Premier, Sir Joseph Ward, is seated and wears a pith helmet. Opening of the 'Carnegie Library' by the Premier, Sir Joseph Ward. On the left is the original municipal chambers by now an insurance agent's office. On the right is the Hamilton Courthouse. The New Zealand flag flies at roof level on the left of the library. The photographer is on the slope of Garden Place hill. Commonly known as the public library, the building was inscribed in plaster on the frieze below the pediment with the title "Free Public Library" signifying the condition of the Carnegie grant.
Secondary production person and role