Members of the Hamilton Chamber of Commerce stand on the Ferry Bank just north of the Traffic Bridge. A barge on the Waikato River is laden with benzine. As a result of the efforts of the Hamilton Chamber of Commerce, Caesar Roose established a Waikato river service (the Waikato Shipping Company) to freight goods from Mercer to Cambridge. The S.S. Tawera commenced this operation on the 14th of June 1915. A little over one year later the service was extended to some of the main ports of New Zealand when the Waikato Shipping Company service connected with the Northern Steamship Company's service. On the wharf are A J Clarkin and V Simms. On the bank are F T Wilson; E Hall; J Varney; J O'Grady; C B Smith; H J Wernham; W Gruar; G Boyes; W H Paul; J C McCrea; W Auld; G Parr; H H Howden.
Maker and role
George Cartwright, Photographer
Secondary production person and role