Commerce Street

Object type
Production date
Circa 1925
See full details

Object Detail

Frankton town was founded by land owner Frank Jolly in 1877. He gave land for the railway and a station was built there. By 1925 Frankton was a busy town. Here we are looking north east along Commerce Street (formerly called Main Street). On the left is the second Frankton Hotel and on the right we can see the Frankton Supply Stores which were built in 1910. There is one horse drawn vehicle on the concrete road along with motor vehicles and a motor bus. The road between Hamilton and Frankton was concreted in 1924.
Accession number


Object type

Part of 1 highlight set



Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact


Be the first to comment.