Hamilton in 1866

Object type
Photograph
Production date
1866
See full details

Object Detail


Description
A view of the beginnings of the Hamilton settlement on the west side of the river, as seen from the east side (probably Moule's Redoubt). The businesses near the river soon moved up to Victoria Street. On Arbor Day in 1913 the area they left behind became Ferry Bank park which later became Ferrybank.
Accession number
HCL_00480

Colours

Subject auto tags

Object type

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.