Garden Place and Civic Square in the 1950s

Object type
Photograph
Production date
1956
See full details

Object Detail


Description
View from Anglesea St across the site of the current Hamilton City Council Municipal Offices and the T&G building. Caro Street is on the right while Alexandra Street intersects in front of the National Insurance building. Buildings clockwise from left are: Carnegie Library in background on left; Chief Post Office, Norwich Union, CML (Colonial Mu, Ford Motor dealer, National Insurance. A car sales yard is being established in the left front of the car park (centre). Both Modern Car Sales Ltd and Wright Stephenson Ltd operated sales yards in Garden Place. Also visible in the image are cars and buses.
Maker and role
A.E. Graham, Photographer
Secondary production person and role
A.E. Graham
Accession number
HCL_04519

Colours

Object type

Subject category

Part of 1 highlight set

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.