Hamilton Lake Domain

Object type
Photograph
Production date
1959
See full details

Object Detail


Description
Looking across Hamilton Lake (Lake Rotoroa). Mt Pirongia is visible in the distance on the right. The tea kiosk is on the left with the clock tower behind. The clock tower was designed by John Austin and placed there in 1957. It was removed in 2009. Much of the area where the tea kiosk was built used to be covered by trees. The rest rooms are at centre left. The rest rooms were originally built in 1954 as up-to-date bathing facilities. The Lake House can be seen on the far side of the lake on the right. Also visible in the image are cars and a bus.
Accession number
HCL_04497

Colours

Object type

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.