Government Buildings on Knox Street

Object type
Photograph
Production date
Circa 1960
See full details

Object Detail


Description
This stone building was built, for public purposes, on the south side of Knox Street between Victoria Street and Anglesea Street. The building was completed in 1913. Sometimes referred to as the Government Buildings, or Public Works buildings, at the time this photograph was taken it housed the Maori Affairs Department, the Housing & Development Field Supervisors, and the Welfare Division; at least according to the sign on the door. The building has long since been demolished but remnants of the wall remain.
Accession number
HCL_04437

Colours

Object type

Subject category

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.