Hamilton Post Office

Object type
Photograph
Production date
Circa 1910
See full details

Object Detail


Description
The Post Office as viewed from the corner of Hood Street and Victoria Street. The Bank of New Zealand building is on the left. This Hamilton Post Office was opened on the 5th of August 1901. The previous wooden building burnt down in a fire in October 1899. The building was extended in 1916 and later became the New Social Security Building in 1964. Currently it houses ArtsPost Galleries and Shop. The BNZ bank was completed in 1878. The single-level extensions to the Hood Street side of the building were done around 1908.
Accession number
HCL_04220

Colours

Object type

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.