Victoria Street

Object type
Photograph
Production date
1876
See full details

Object Detail


Description
Cottages stand to the left of the second Anglican Church at the south end of Victoria Street in Hamilton, New Zealand. This site is north of where the present church hall stands today. These cottages were most likely houses for militiamen that were built shortly after the establishment of Hamilton. Early style picket fencing fronts the houses. Also visible are several men and a horse.
Accession number
HCL_00390

Colours

Subject auto tags

Object type

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.