Garden Place in the late 1940s

Object type
Photograph
Production date
Circa 1949
See full details

Object Detail


Description
As seen from the now Wintec wall. The car and bus park in the foreground is now occupied by Hamilton City Councils municipal buildings and is known as Civic Square. Buildings are (from left): Hauraki Buildings (formerly Garden Place Motors); Pacoes; Hamilton Public Library (scaffolded); Hamilton Chief Post Office; Wilbur Building (extreme right - later Norwich Union and 2012 State Insurance). In the centre is the Combined Services Club which faces Victoria Street. In the foreground are a bus park and car park. Note that the buses have advertising from as far as Thames.
Maker and role
A.E. Graham, Photographer
Secondary production person and role
A.E. Graham
Accession number
HCL_03844

Colours

Object type

Part of 1 highlight set

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.