Hamilton Public Library

Object type
Photograph
Production date
15 May 1951
See full details

Object Detail


Description
The Children's Room. This is about opposite view of HCL_09362 and opposite side of room to HCL_09361. This was the Carnegie library which opened in 1908 as Hamilton’s ‘Free' library’. The building was erected with a grant from the Carnegie Foundation. It was renowned for its large revolving entry door. It was vacated in 1960 and demolished in 1961.
Accession number
HCL_09360

Colours

Object type

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.