Hamilton Public Library

Object type
Photograph
Production date
15 May 1951
See full details

Object Detail


Description
Three women browsing the lending shelves. Books show no evidence of Dewey numbers. This was the Carnegie library which opened in 1908 as Hamilton’s ‘Free' library’. The building was erected with a grant from the Carnegie Foundation. It was renowned for its large revolving entry door. It was vacated in 1960 and demolished in 1961.
Accession number
HCL_09354

Colours

Object type

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.