Visitors view the entries in the flower show inside the Town Hall in Hamilton, New Zealand. The ceiling of the Town Hall is visible as well as the hanging lights and interior walls. The Town Hall was opened by Premier Richard John Seddon on 23 March 1905. The building is of timber construction. The front office wing on the right (southern side of the building) was extended in 1914 to more than double its original size. The council vacated the building in the 1930s and the main part became the Civic Theatre while the southern wing was used as the clubrooms and offices for municipal swimming pool. The Civic Theatre was demolised in 1967.
Maker and role
Hugh Douglas, Photographer
Secondary production person and role