West town belt - panorama 2

Object type
Photograph
Production date
1924
See full details

Object Detail


Description
Ward Street dominates this part of the panorama. It separates section 11 (now Norris Ward Park) from sections 12 and 13 (now Hamilton Girls' High School) of the west town belt. This image was taken about a decade after the similar HCL_07049. The Hamilton Borough Council had begun to establish its works depot on the eastern corner of section 11. The house fronting Ward Street is likely to have been occupied by borough clerk Frederick Allen. Across Ward Street on sections 12 and 13 is Hamilton High School. Also visible in this image is the railway line and Bryce Street.
Subject person
Accession number
HCL_02579.1

Colours

Object type

Subject category

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.