First petrol tanker to service Hamilton

Object type
Photograph
Production date
Circa 1927
See full details

Object Detail


Description
First petrol delivery by tanker. This is Tombs' Garage on Collingwood Street selling Voco, Big Tree and Plume petrol. The sign on the globe on the left states 'Filtered Petrol'. Tombs were Ford truck dealers and Studebaker car dealers. The Commercial Hotel is the wooden building on the right. See also HCL_00178.
Accession number
HCL_00179

Colours

Object type

Subject category

Part of 1 highlight set

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.