Hamilton East in the 1910s

Object type
Photograph
Production date
Circa 1910
See full details

Object Detail


Description
Looking south down Grey Street. On the southwest corner of Grey and Cook streets is the second incarnation of the Royal Hotel. The first hotel burnt down in 1894. Frederick Molesworth was the licensee of the Royal from 1908 and his name can be seen near the top of the hotel. William Dey ran the general store on the other side of Cook Street.
Accession number
HCL_02379

Colours

Object type

Part of 2 highlight sets

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.