Ev'ryb'dy's Building

Object type
Photograph
Production date
Circa 1918
See full details

Object Detail


Description
South Victoria Street looking across at Ev'ryb'dy's Building (Everybody's) which at this time housed the cinema, Ev'ryb'dy's Pictures and the Marble Bar dining rooms. To the right are movie poster hoardings, the YMCA Campaign [Office] (small white building) and Pomeroy's Motor Garage. Pomeroy's were agents for Overland cars. Next is the Victoria Building followed by five small buildings then the large lintel with pillars is the Theatre Royal, later the Embassy Theatre (since demolished) where the Riff Raff statue now stands. Note the horse and cart in the street with 'modern' motor cars parked either side.
Secondary production person and role
Frank Duncan
Accession number
HCL_00140

Colours

Object type

Part of 1 highlight set

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.