Hamilton Town Hall

Object type
Photograph
Production date
Circa 1906
See full details

Object Detail


Description
A woman walks past the Town Hall and council offices in Victoria Street in Hamilton, New Zealand. The Town Hall was opened by Premier Richard John Seddon on 23 March 1905. The building is of timber construction. The front office wing on the right (southern side of the building) was extended in 1914 to more than double its original size. The council vacated the building in the 1930s and the main part became the Civic Theatre while the southern wing was used as the clubrooms and offices for municipal swimming pool. The Civic Theatre was demolished in 1967.
Maker and role
Muir & Moodie, Photographer
Secondary production person and role
Muir & Moodie
Accession number
HCL_02019

Colours

Object type

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.