Frankton Junction railway station

Object type
Photograph
Production date
Circa 1907
See full details

Object Detail


Description
Frankton Junction railway station photographed from the over-bridge. Either side of the station platform are steam trains and on the other lines are goods wagons. Behind the Frankton Junction sign is the Telegraph Office and further along the platform are the main station offices. The station opened as 'Hamilton Junction' in 1877 and was renamed 'Frankton Junction' in 1884.
Accession number
HCL_01404

Colours

Object type

Part of 1 highlight set

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.