Pascoe's Corner, Garden Place c. 1939

Object type
Photograph
Production date
Circa 1939
See full details

Object Detail


Description
Pascoe's Corner'. Note the small building to the rear of Pascoe's - see HCL_03885 - which shows the replacement structure (probably built sometime between 1936 and 1939 at which time this structure would have been demolished). This building has sign: "Hamilton Car Sales Maurice R Andrew"s and beneath that, "SIGNS". Above Pascoe's is the Wattle Grill & Tearooms. The building at this point was "Frear's Building" - Pascoe's purchased it from Frear. Hanging from the corner of Pascoe's canopy is a bus stop sign. A mid-1930s Vauxhall adorns the foreground. The motor car at the right of the angle parked cars on the opposite side of the street is the (possibly) Ford v8-60 of 1935/36 vintage.
Accession number
HCL_01250

Colours

Object type

Subject category

Part of 1 highlight set

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.