G.E. Clark & Sons Ltd and other business on Ward Street

Object type
Photograph
Production date
1939
See full details

Object Detail


Description
The building on the left is the Beggs-Wiseman building. It stretches from Victoria Street to Ward Lane. Businesses in the building at the time were W.T. Maughan, a watchmaker & jeweller; Corban's Wines; and F. Price, a gunmaker & locksmith. On the other side of Ward Lane was G.E. Clark & Sons Ltd., who sold seed, grain, manure and more. The Clark building was altered significantly in the 1940s. To this day it still bears the name G.E. Clark & Sons Ltd.
Accession number
HCL_01143

Colours

Object type

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.