Pearson's carbolic sand soap factory

Object type
Photograph
Production date
Circa 20th Century
See full details

Object Detail


Description
Originally built by E J Pearson as a hall for the Oddfellows Lodge, Pearson leased this hall from about 1884. It became his first sand soap factory. Later it became known as Buffalo Hall. Currently it is a bar known as the Cook Street Social.
Accession number
HCL_02768

Colours

Object type

Part of 1 highlight set

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.