Bank of New South Wales in Victoria Street

Object type
Photograph
Production date
Circa 1939
See full details

Object Detail


Description
On the corner of Alma Street and Victoria Street stands the Bank of New South Wales Hamilton Branch. The building was erected c1915. The banking chamber and offices of the bank are through the large doorway on the right. The small door on the left gives access to rented offices occupied by Speight, Course & Clayton-Greene – Barristers & Solicitors and Notary Public on the first floor and National Insurance Co of NZ Ltd on the ground floor. To the right is the T. Mandeno Jackson Building. On the extreme left in the background is the Municipal building at the river end of Alma Street
Accession number
HCL_01102

Colours

Object type

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.