Howden's Buildings

Object type
Photograph
Production date
Circa 1892
See full details

Object Detail


Description
Henry Herbert Howden was responsible for this two storey building on Victoria Street and reopened his jewellery business here on the 13th of August 1892. The building was located where the Manchester Unity building is now. Howden's Buildings were designed by architect Mr TH White and built by Messrs Pettigrew and Co., of Ngaruawahia. When Howden moved further up Victoria Street in 1902, Paul's Book Arcade took over the shop.
Accession number
HCL_02591

Colours

Object type

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.