Photograph See full details
The Hockin House was built in 1893 as a home for the hospital's superintendents. The house gets it's name from the fourth and final superintendent to reside there, Dr Munro Hockin, who died in office in 1939. The house was then later used as a nurses' home before being gifted by the hospital board to the Waikato Historical Society in 1974.
Be the first to comment.