An early postcard of Soldier's Memorial Park between the Waikato River and Memorial Drive. The area was originally known as 'Kowhai Park'. In 1920 the land was beautified and turned into a Memorial Park for the Soldiers of the First World War. A tree had been planted for each Hamilton soldier killed. It is often called Anzac Park. There are a mix of English and native trees, a wooden seat, a round garden, and large twisting path in the park. There is also a cannon gun positioned at centre right. The Claudelands Railway Bridge can just be seen crossing the river at the left and St Andrew's Church is in the background at the right.
Hamilton City Council