Department of Social Welfare

Object type
Photograph
Production date
1970s
See full details

Object Detail


Description
This is the Department of Social Welfare building in Southern Victoria Street. It was originally built in 1901 for a post office and extended in 1916. The Department of Social Welfare took over in 1964. The frontage has many windows on either side with a central door with a window on top and thin flagpole on the roof above. The photo is taken from across the road which has a pedestrian crossing with traffic lights.
Accession number
HCL_M00306.36

Colours

Object type

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.