Frankton Town Hall

Object type
Photograph
Production date
1970s
See full details

Object Detail


Description
Frankton Hall in Hall Street, Frankton was used as a roller skating rink from the mid seventies until the eighties. The words roller and skating can be seen on top of each triangular topped window and there are figurines skating in the centre. The Town Hall was built in 1910/1911. It opened in April 1911. It was famous for old time dancing between 1928 and 1950. It was also used for concerts, school events, boxing, wrestling, fancy dress balls, talks and other social gatherings. It was demolished in June 1987.
Rights holder
Accession number
HCL_M00301.17

Colours

Object type

Subject category

Part of 1 highlight set

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.