Hamilton Railway Station

Object type
Photograph
Production date
Circa 1967
See full details

Object Detail


Description
The removal of the Hamilton railway Station. The station which was built in 1879 was relocated to the University of Waikato. It was used as a senior Common Room on the campus until it became a public cafe and restaurant. The wooden building became derelict shortly after the railway was lowered and a new underground station was built. Here it has been placed on a trailer ready for removal. A workman is on the roof securing it.
Rights holder
Accession number
HCL_M00300.23

Colours

Object type

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.