Probably taken from the water tower on the northern corner of Lake Road and Tainui Street, this photograph looks northwest across Frankton. Marama Street runs across in the foreground. On the left, Lake Road runs front to back and on the right, Devon Road runs front to back. Somerset Street runs across the centre of the image. On the corner of Somerset Street and Lake Road is St George's Church which was built in 1915. On Somerset Street, just along from the church, is the church hall, known as "Mission Hall", which was built in 1907 and was where church services were held before the St George's was built. The land for the parish was gifted by Mr Frank Jolly who Frankton was named after.
Maker and role
Frank Duncan, Photographer
Secondary production person and role