Frankton Hotel at junction of Commerce and High Streets
Photograph Production date
1970s See full details
High Street in Frankton, looking across Commerce Street towards the Frankton Hotel and Railway Bar. On the left is a pedestrian bridge behind a mound of earth. To the right of High Street in the background is the New Zealand Railways Goods Office. Mums Lunch Bar at 80 High Street can just be seen - it has an advert for The Tyre Shop on the side. The building between the lunch bar and the Frankton Hotel was built in 1911. In 1978 it was being used for a St Vincent de Paul opportunity shop and hostel. The Frankton hotel was built in 1929.
Be the first to comment.