High Street in Frankton

Object type
Photograph
Production date
1970s
See full details

Object Detail


Description
This is the north east side of High Street, between Empire Street and Commerce Street. The building in the centre was built in 1911, likely for land agents Gosling & Higgins, whose names are just visible on the side of the building. In 1978 the building housed a St Vincent de Paul opportunity shop. Also visible in the image are the New Zealand Railways Goods Office and the Empire Hotel, on opposite corners of Empire Street and High Street; Mums Lunch Bar at 80 High Street, with advertising for The Tyre Shop on its side; and on the right, the Frankton Hotel Wholesale Department.
Accession number
HCL_M00278.34

Colours

Object type

Subject category

Part of 1 highlight set

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.