Hamilton Public Library (The William Paul Hall)
Photograph Production date
01 Jul 1977 See full details
The William Paul Hall was named after a well-known book seller and publisher who owned Paul's Book Arcade on Victoria Street. Here it is viewed from across Ward Street. It was built in 1957 as an additional building for the Waikato Winter Show. The museum used the top floor between 1965 and 1973. The hall became home to the Hamilton Public Library in 1968 and remained so until 1993 when the library moved into the former DIC building in Garden Place. The former hall was then demolished and a shopping mall built in its place. Also visible is the Arcadia Building, at left, and on the right the New Zealand Insurance Building and the T & G Building.
Be the first to comment.