Hamilton gasworks holder

Object type
Photograph
Production date
01 Sep 1976
See full details

Object Detail


Description
A gas holder at the derelict Hamilton gasworks. The gas retort was nearby. Gas came to Hamilton in 1895 - the works were situated between Clarence and Thackeray Streets. They closed in March 1970 when natural gas was introduced. The site was cleared and decontaminated in the early 1990s.
Accession number
HCL_M00147.25

Colours

Object type

Subject category

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.