Garden Place and the Chief Post Office

Object type
Photograph
Production date
01 Sep 1976
See full details

Object Detail


Description
Looking across Garden Place to the Chief Post Office, on the river side of Victoria Street. The C.P.O was officially opened on the 2nd of December 1940. To the left of the Post Office is the Bank of New Zealand (BNZ) and on the right is the Australian and New Zealand Bank (ANZ). On the corner of Garden Place and Victoria Street, at right, is the Norwich Union Building.
Accession number
HCL_M00136.35

Colours

Object type

Part of 1 highlight set

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.