View of Fire Station, Gasworks and Waikato Hospital
Photograph Production date
01 Sep 1976 See full details
Looking south across the city towards the Waikato Hospital. At the lower left, in an old livery stable, is John Martin Motors. Next to this is the Hamilton Central Fire Station. Behind the station are flats built by the Fire Board for permanent brigade staff. In the centre of the image, the dark circular structure (holder) and the tall white structure (retort) to the right are part of Hamilton's gas works which first opened in 1895. Beyond Waikato Hospital, on the horizon, is Mt Kakepuku.
Be the first to comment.