Working on the removal of Bledisloe Hall
Photograph Production date
1976 See full details
The Bledisloe Hall of Agriculture was the first building in the world to be built without the use of a single rivet in the framework. The building was opened on May the 28th, 1935, by his Excellency the Governor-General, Viscount Galway and was named after former Governor-General, Viscount Bledisloe. It was built to host the Waikato Winter Show and other agricultural exhibitions. From 1942 to 1947 it was taken over by the Royal New Zealand Air Force as a repair workshop for planes used in the Pacific War.
Be the first to comment.