Mural inside Bledisloe Hall

Object type
Photograph
Production date
1970s
See full details

Object Detail


Description
A close up of a mural that was at one end of the Bledisloe Hall. The Bledisloe Hall of Agriculture was the first building in the world to be built without the use of a single rivet in the framework. The building was opened on May the 28th, 1935, by his Excellency the Governor-General, Viscount Galway and was named after former Governor-General, Viscount Bledisloe. It was built to host the Waikato Winter Show and other agricultural exhibitions. From 1942 to 1947 it was taken over by the Royal New Zealand Air Force as a repair workshop for planes used in the Pacific War.
Accession number
HCL_M00106.4

Colours

Object type

Subject category

Share

Rights

Many of the collection images are protected by copyright. For queries about permission to use images, please contact heritage@hcc.govt.nz.

Comments


Be the first to comment.